Chronic and Acute Hepatitis C Symptoms
The disease of hepatitis C comes with a life threatening regime if left untreated or unattended. With the right medication however, things tend to change.
The biggest problem with starting the treatment in time in case of hepatitis C infection is the of late identification of the symptoms of the disease. It often happens that infect ant fail to identify any of the symptoms until things have gone worse. It also remains a fact that the symptoms of the infection remain hidden for a longer time.
However, it is very important to keep an eye on the following symptoms as mentioned below:-
Acute Hepatitis C
Following are the common symptoms that may occur in case of acute hepatitis C :-
- Abdominal discomfort
- Joint pain
- Rare cases of clay-colored stools, etc
Chronic Hepatitis C
- Chronic hep c comes into account when the virus has remained in the body over 6 months of duration.
- Most of the people don’t notice any of the symptoms till late.
- However, certain common symptoms pertaining to acute hep c may occur such as-abdominal pain, aching joints and even persistent fatigue feeling.
- The chronic infection leads to a progressed form of cirrhosis, liver cancer and even liver failures.
- As soon as the infection is identified, it is very important to attend it at the earliest with the appropriate medications like- Ledipasvir Sofosbuvir combination, natdac, etc. Also, the treatment must be done in consideration with the genotype of the infection. This is a very important factor for the right treatment.
No matter how long it takes to identify the symptoms, it is very important to start on the medication as soon as possible. Also, one should get a blood checkup as soon as they have doubt of HCV infection.