The Various Health Benefits of Milk Thistle
Milk thistle is considered an excellent natural treatment for various liver problems, including jaundice, cirrhosis, gallbladder disorders, and chronic hepatitis.
According to some, this herb also has certain other health benefits like:
- Improving heart conditions by reducing the levels of cholesterol.
- Helping people with type 2 diabetes.
- Lowering growth of cervical, prostate and breast cancer cells.
Despite the belief that milk thistle can help with the treatment of these health problems, there are no adequate medical pieces of evidence to support these beliefs. However, it can be said that Silymarin, which is actively present in this herb, is an excellent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, the health benefits of which needs to be adequately investigated in order to prove the usefulness of the product in treating the above-mentioned health problems. You can get the best guide at milk sensor through https://www.lic.co.nz/products-and-services/automation/protrack-milk/.
However, there have been some researches and studies to show the various health benefits of the product in people with Type 2 diabetes. Let us discuss some of the benefits:
- In association with conventional treatment approaches, it can lower the levels of blood sugar.
- Studies have shown that improved Insulin resistance, which is a significant symptom for the development of type 2 diabetes.
Milk thistle has been seen to cause heart benefits by bringing down the levels of LDL, which is the "bad" cholesterol. However, it has been seen through various researches that this herb has caused heart benefits only in people with diabetes. Whether it is capable of making the same impacts on non-diabetic people as well has not yet been researched.
Before using thistle, it is important to know if it has any possible side effects. While there have been no clear shreds of evidence for any serious side effects of this herb, there can be a little if it is taken for a period of more than 41 months. Let us discuss in brief some of the side effects:
- In some cases, consumption of milk thistle for an extensive period may cause diarrhea.
- In some very rare cases, it can also cause bloating, nausea, gas, and upset stomach.
- Using the product should be avoided by women who are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It can sometimes cause severe allergic reactions and rash in people who are allergic to ragweed.
- Owing to the fact that the effects of the product resemble that of estrogen, women having endometriosis or fibroid tumors should avoid taking this herb. Also, it should be avoided by women suffering from uterine, breast and ovarian cancers.
- It is always advisable to consult an experienced doctor to know the potential health benefits of milk thistle, and if it is suitable for you.